Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Little did I know that right after my last update, I would be going out to a beach out here called Castles and surfin. That is right ladies and gentlemen, I went surfin on Friday. My buddy Jared baught a 7'10'' fun board when he first got out here and he decided last week that he wanted to buy a short board so he could be able to do more turns and all that great stuff. So he bought the board on Friday and was going to sell his old one, so I was a little interested in buying it and wanted to try it out before I made a decision. So we loaded up six boards on top of a little saturn and seven of us went out to Castles. Great times! The waves weren't really that good so I wasn't able to get up on any of them, but it was really cool to just paddle out there and just veg out on the ocean. I can see why the hard-core surfers seem to talk all slow and mellow like. It's because being out on the ocean is just so relaxing. There's my little thought for the day. Oh yeah, and Jared isn't sellling his board because his dad really wants it so he bought Jared his new board. So the search for me getting a board continues!
In other news, we went into town this weekend and ate at the ever famous Cheesecake Factory. That was a grand event! We had to wait for about an hour and a half, but the good thing is that there are a lot of stores around so we just walked around checkin stuff out. Some of the people in the streets did some pretty weird stuff too. One of them had his clothes made out of newspaper and was chillen on a bench pretending to read a newspaper. He was really just trying to get money from people who wanted to take a picture with him. Smart man! Another guy was dancing on the sidewalk because he wanted to go visit his mom in Italy. I have to admit, some of the stuff he was doing was pretty cool. Unfortunatly, I didn't realize that I had could film him dancing with my digital camera, so I only got half of his performance. So all in all, the trip to town was time and money well spent.
As for school, it should be a pretty good week. Our school is celebrating it's 50th anniversary by having a Jubilee celebration. So far some of the stuff has been pretty cool. For example, all the alumni come back, with their very good lookin daughters who just happen to be my age! That's a good one. (Don't worry Jess, you're still way more attractive then any of them are.) Also, President Monson is going to be here on Friday giving a devotional, so I am pretty excited for that. Well, that's it from my end. Late

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?