Monday, October 10, 2005

Hello to everybody out there in blogger land. Greetings from Hawaii! Or should I say ALOHA, since after all, this is the Aloha state. Anyways, this past week has been quite an eventful one. Lets start off with what has happened most recent, which would be the weekend. Yesterday, I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting which actually went pretty well. The girl before me spoke for like 15 minutes so when I finally got up to speak, there was only 5 minutes before sacrament meeting ended, and I was hungry, so I cut down my talk a little bit and only went 3 minutes over the hour. My talk was supposed to be 10-12 minutes but I made it 8. Good times. Other then that, UCLA beat Cal on saturday. Huge upset! I was so stoaked when I heard about that since, after all, UCLA is my team. Can't wait for the showdown against USC. UCLA might be the only team that can give them a run for their money and who knows, might even pull the biggest upset this year.
Last week one of my good friends got his mission call to serve in the Sao Paulo Brazil mission. He is the one with the red tie on in the pic underneath this post. I was actually able to be with him when he got the call from his parents telling him that his mission call has come. It was such an amazing feeling to just hear to be there and hear where he was going. I honestly can not wait until I get my call. It's going to be awesome. I get my papers taken care of when I get back home in December. I also heard recently from my buddy B-Randon that Chad Dotson got his mission call to South Africa. It's crazy to think about since these are guys my age and their leaving for two years. I'm jealous! I want to go so bad. Even though that means that I will leave behind my family, my friends, Jess, school, and pretty much everything for two years but I know it is what I need to do. Welp, until next time. Late

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?