Tuesday, July 26, 2005

This summer has pretty much been me either working, going down to Oceanside for that little while, or me watching movies, as was the case this weekend. People are just too cool to hang out with me so I just watched movies. I have watched The Last Samuri, Troy, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Wedding Crashers, and Team America World Police. All of these movies are really good. Charlie was a good movie, even though Willy Wonka is kinda weird. It's a lot different then the first one, but it is still a really good movie. Wedding Crashers was a really funny movie, and it is really sad how Will Ferrell goes and crashes funerals. That's just low man.
The main point of this blog though is that I wanted to bring up something from the movie Troy. For those of you who have seen it, in the beginning there a man starts the movie out by saying something that really caught me. He says "Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves, would our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names, long after we're gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we faught, how fiercly we loved?" Now my question that I would like to bring up is how awesome would that be? How great would it be to a be a person that does something that people will be hearing about until the end of time? We hear people like that in our history classes either that were good people, bad people, or those that are completly nuts. I'm not saying that I am going to try and do something that will make me a part of history like what Achilles does in Troy, but how amazing would that be? That's it from my end. Late.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?