Friday, December 03, 2004

I know it's been a while since my last blog entry, but not a whole lot really has happened to me this past week. Really, I have just been chillen, playin a little bit of basketball here and there, and doing work. Yeah right, wish I could say just a little bit of basketball! This week, we had a tourny down in Riverside. It was known as the "Big Daddy" tourny. Oh wait, it gets better. We got tournament shirts (like we always do from any tourny), and on the front, it just pretty much said "Big Daddy" tournament, with a guy dunkin. Now, you will probably never guess what the back of the shirts said. I will give you a hint; it's the lyrics to a rap song (I don't know which one, or by who, since I hate rap; sorry LJ, but I do). Give up? Alrighty then! The back of the shirts say "I Love It When You Call Me Big Pappa". I swear to you, that is what the shirts say. I wish it were a joke, since it would actually be pretty dang funny, but it isn't; it's true. Oh yeah, and our team went 2-2 this tourny, lossing our first two, but winning the next ones. All and all, we did alright, but we can improve on a lot of things.
So I must say that school has been pretty interesting the past week. I've gotten behind in my Econ. class because I have been missing 4th period due to the basketball tourny. I should catch up this weekend; hopefully. Student Council all went out tonight for a dinner, which was really cool. It was our "hard work pays off dinner" from the week of hell we went through this year; aka homecoming week. I actually have a story to tell about the dinner, so gather round, pull up a chair, and enjoy the ever famous "Story Time".
So, I get dressed after my basketball game, and check my phone's messages to see if a certain lady friend of mine called (Jess), but instead found out that Carp called me. For those of you who may not know Carp, he is the Activities Director at the school, a very cool guy, and we call him Carp for short. His last name is Carpenter, but you get the point. Anywho, Carp calls, and there was a change in plans on where we are going to be eating at. We were supposed to eat at BJ's, down in San Bernadino, but they screwed us out of our tables, for the 2nd time in a row, and so we went to Mill Creek in Mentone. I walk in, and Kevin Bailey challenges me to a little food eating contest. Me, being the competitive person I am, and not to be showed up by a guy who is about 7 inches shorter then me, accept, and we order the Beef Ribs with mashed potatoes. Some appetizers come out a little while later, and we make sure that both of us are eating the same amount, so one person doesn't have the edge. Then our Ribs come out, and they look horrible. I mean, there was practicly no meat on the bone. So we start eating the mashed potatoes, which were really good, and then the Ribs. The Ribs not only looked bad, but even tasted worse! So, we called it a draw since both of us were really disapointed with the way our food turned out, and didn't want to eat anything since they did such a horrible job with our food. The good news is that we are going to have another compatition, but with Steaks, the next time we all eat at the Caparao's place. I for one am looking forward to dimolishing Kevin. Welp, see ya later.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?